Hire Fees 2017
The fees for hiring rooms at Wilton Community Centre are £8.00 per hour with a minimum of 3 hours
Discounts maybe available – contact the bookings secretary.
The kitchen is also £8.00 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours.
The WI-FI, facilities and car parking are all included in the hire fees.
All Bookings and enquiries must be made through our Booking Secretary, Dawn Humphries
01722 744859 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions Apply. You can download a booking form and a list of T’s and C’s here
Nickkie Pomfrett, only works part time for the Centre. Nickkie does a wonderful job keeping the Centre spick ‘n’ span in her very limited time here and also manages to run events for us like the Summer Fete and tidies the garden and keeps all the users happy. Some task! Users can help please by cleaning up after your activity, sweeping and hoovering if necessary, and taking all your rubbish home with you. Although we are a registered charity, we have to pay commercial rates for our waste disposal and most other things, and as our only income is from the lettings, the Trustees have to watch the expenditure very carefully.
The Trustees and Management Team of Wilton Community Centre are unpaid volunteers and work for the good of the Centre and the local community. Our constitution says we can have up to nine Trustees, but we currently have only six. If any of our users or the public wish to be considered as a Trustee, please ask one of us for details. The Trustees are governed by the laws of England and the Charity Commissioners.
- Mrs Charlotte Blackman – Chair
- Mr Gary Nunn – Vice Chair and Fundraiser
- Mr Tony Riseley – Treasurer
- Mr Ray Lee – Property Manager
- Mr Earle Broadbent – Service Manager
- Mrs Shelia Morgan – Health & Safety
- Dr Sue McClaren – Garden
- Mrs Lucy Dalrymple is our Secretary
Back Row L to R: Ray Lee; Sheila Morgan; Gary Nunn; John Ainsley (Retired March 2017) Charlotte Blackman; Sue McClaren; Earle Broadbent; Tony Riseley
Seated L to R: Dawn Humphries; Nickkie Pomfrett; Lucy Dalrymple.
Trustees and Management meet monthly on the second Monday of the month with the AGM be held in October each year. Users are invited to attend twice a year to discuss any issues with their activity and to talk to the Trustees. Problems at any other time can be relayed to any Trustee, Booking Secretary or Caretaker and we will do our best to solve them for you.
Since we started the eco renovation programme, in 2010, there have been many sponsors donors and benefactors who have contributed to the Wilton Community Centre. These include:
- Mr Geoffrey Taylor – (Major Funding of Renovations and Repairs)
- Mayors of Wilton: Cllr Andy Kinsey and Cllr Phil Matthews (Garden)
- Salisbury District Council (Funding for Building Project)
- South West Wiltshire Area Board (Garden and Wi-Fi)
- Community First Village Halls Fund (Building Project)
- Wiltshire Village Halls Association (Endless Help and Advice)
- Past Trustees and Management (Hours of Unpaid Dedication)
- Dr Greenstreet
- Marjorie Whitworth
Information about Wilton
There is a very comprehensive website www.wiltontown.com which gives plenty of detail about Wilton, the Ancient Capital of Wessex, from its history to present day activities, businesses and leisure.